In January Bob and I went to Moab to celebrate two blissful years of marriage. We began our adventure by checking into our wonderful room at the Sunflower Hill Bed and Breakfast (www.sunflowerhill.com).
It was so pretty!!! We had the entire Bed and Breakfast all to ourselves! That night we went to a nice restaurant. We loved the service and the food but the best part cam
e after the meal. As we got up to leave our jaws dropped. We couldn't believe that we had been sitting next to the most breathtaking work of art we had ever seen. It was a pair of giant boots! Timidly we looked at the waiter. He had read our minds and said we could get in them if we promised not to sue the restaurant if we got injured.
Breakfast the next morning was amazing. Once again, all to ourselves. YUM! The Bed and Breakfast was great. We highly recommend it. They have discounted rates in the Winter because it is the off season in Moab. So if you ever feel the winter blues or just need to get away from the snow to a warm sunny place Moab is definitely the place for you!
Well, moving on. We ate breakfast and then lounged around a bit.
They had a study area full of books and I read a little bit about bed and breakfasts across America. Bob and I are big Bed and Breakfast fans. Last year we celebrated our 1 Year Anniversary at Hines Mansion in Provo (www.hinesmansion.com). It is really close to where we live so it was nice to get away without having to drive for a long time.
Okay, really moving on this time :) Once we checked out we began our exploration of Moab. Bob asked me if I had ever been to the Hole in the Rock. I hadn't and was very intrigued so we went to check it out. For all of you who do not know Hole in the Rock is basically a home that has been blasted out of a mountain (or a glorified cave). A long time ago a man decided to build his home inside the rock and so he and his wife chiseled away at the mountain until their home was complete. The four room home is roomy and stays at a very comfortable temperature all year round. It was sooo cool! Sadly, photography was not allowed inside the home so here is a picture of the outside.
The man who "built" the house loved Theodore Roosevelt so he carved his face on the mountain by their home. He also dug out an area next to the "house" to serve as the family graveyard.
We walked around the grounds surrounding the area and stumbled upon another amazing surprise. A totally random petting zoo! There was on ostrich, some wallabies, pigs, miniature ponies, goats, and sheep. One of the sheep, named Greg, became particularly fond of Bob. They developed a close bond while we were there. We had fun feeding them and talking with them. Bob petted some of them but I was a little weary of touching them myself.
7 comments:
Happy Aniversary!!!
nursing cover I used a ton!! Its great for public feedings. I feel its a necesity. My niece makes them and she's the one who gave it to me. I can give your info if you want... There is one other thing I now always give as a baby shower gift. It changed our lives. Its a book. Its called healthy sleep habits happy child. Amelia is such a happy baby and people always ask why. I am convinced its due to the steps I took in that book. Most kids are just tired. Amelia gets plenty of sleep and its just amazing! I think its about $14. the last time I bought it was at Target.
Pregnancy is hard the first trimester. Thankfully that's all over. My morning sickness is gone and that has helped so much. I'm starting to show, people can't tell. Its cause I weigh less than when I got married. Still tired, but that's normal. Everything is going great! How are things with you and Bob? any baby making in your near future?
I loved the shoes!! It looked like so much fun. We will have to try Moab sometime.
Congrats on 2 years! You always take the most amazing trips. Your pictures are fabulous. Moab is one place we never got to while we lived in Provo. We miss you guys too! Say "hi" to all in the ward for us.
This post made my day!! Thanks for telling that crazy story about that crazy lady- it made me mad all night! Ugh. Oh, and Bob? Yeah- if you cut off your finger you would feel it!!
Yay happy two years!!! :)
I absolutely burst into laughter when I saw the picture of you guys in those shoes! Too funny! Looks like you guys had a blast.
Looks so fun! And yay I found your blog!
Post a Comment