Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where are the Turtles?!!!

This term has been beyond busy. Bob is taking 6 credits at BYU and 5 at UVSC. I seriously don't know how he does it. I'm only doing 6 and can hardly stand it. Okay, Okay, it is not THAT bad, I guess. I really like my Analysis and Research Methods class but Chemistry is still not my best friend. I would NEVER be able to do my Chemistry class if I didn't have Bob to help me. I owe all my success in that class to his tutoring and patience. Here are some thoughts that go through my head while I'm doing my chemistry: Somebody kill me please, If I could donate my organs this second I would, What the . . . , and various other strange and extreme thoughts. 

Changing the subject.

Bob and I went to the duck pond south of campus last Saturday. It was pretty much the greatest afternoon EVER!! The ducks took a back seat to the TURTLES! I had no idea there were turtles there. They were all basking in the sun while perched on a floating log. It was funny looking and totally not what I expected to see at the duck pond. 

Bob and I have been talking a lot about graduate school lately. We are planning on applying to our programs in the Fall. I'm actually really scared. What if I don't get accepted anywhere?! I haven't told very many people that I'm applying because I'm afraid that they will all ask me if I was accepted and I'll have to tell them that no one wanted me. I think I just need to chill out about it. That is more easily said than done, though. I'm going to start studying for the GRE and hopefully I'll blast it out of the water and the schools I apply to will say "Wow! She is a smarty pants! We'll take her!" but I don't know if that will happen. . . *sigh*
So there you have it. Thats my post. It may be lame but it is something new. 

P to the S: Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Memorial Day!!! :)

3 comments:

kenna said...

You didn't know there were turtles? I totally caught one when Josh and I were dating. He thought I was awesome so he proposed. I am tempted to letour turtle go in that pond.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Turtles?!! how exciting! Amelia loves to see the ducks at that pond but if there are turtles, we will have to go back and look for them! Don't worry too much about grad school. It will happen in the Lord's timing and if that means taking the GRE twice (which, believe me, would suck) it will all work out! You ARE smart. It will be fine. May I suggest applying to every place you think you may want to go. Bob too (maybe to the same school for the sake of being close during grad school). That way, you can decide from your many acceptances, where you want to go!

Ben said...

ha ha, I think most of my chemistry study time was spent with me searching for blunt knives with which I could slit my wrists....