I'd found gold!!
I don't know if it stood out amongst everything else in the book simply because I couldn't understand anything else or if it really is just brilliant. I'll let you decide :)
"Death is, in fact, what some modern people call 'ambivalent'. It is Satan's great weapon and also God's great weapon: it is holy and unholy; our supreme disgrace and our only hope; the thing Christ came to conquer and the means by which He conquered."
Isn't that amazing?! The perspective on Christianity I've been able to get from Lewis has been wonderful. I would highly recommend his works to anyone looking for a good book (The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce are my favorites).
Hope you're all doing well. I love this season SO much. The holidays are just around the corner which means cute coats and scarves, family time, and FOOD! Bob and I are happily making it through the semester. I can't believe we're already half way through it!! I started my thesis last week and am in the process of writing a grant proposal (wish me luck). That adventure is for a different post, though.
2 comments:
I have always been a fan of my pal Clive Staples. (I have this awesome thought to name my kid...well, my dog that)
I own almost all of his works, only missing some of the random ones.
He is one of the only people in this world who truly grasped the true meaning of God, in my opinion.
I love that. What a cool class! He's one of my favorites too... glad to hear your semester's going well! :)
Post a Comment