It all began last week. Monday morning I was getting ready to go have my last visit with my midwife. I see the Midwives at Orem Community Hospital and have come to love the staff there, especially one midwife, Jana, who delivered Lira and has seen me through most of my pregnancy. I knew that part of this appointment would require a urine sample which would test for a few things including the possibility of pregnancy. I decided that I wanted our last appointment together to be fun and began developing my grand scheme. My sister is currently in her second trimester - perfect pregnant urine to throw off an unsuspecting midwife! I carried the pee VERY CAREFULLY in my purse (for much longer than I had expected) and when the time came to give my sample I made the switch. The nurse took Bob and me back to one of the rooms. It was the perfect one because we had a great view of the lab. We saw the nurse take the cup and begin to test it. She stared at it for a moment and then began retesting it!! Bob and I almost burst out laughing. We could tell she was beginning to get worried. She went in the back to get Jana, who was talking casually with one of the other nurses. As soon as she got back there everything went quiet and we could tell they were whispering to each other. Jana then came into our room and closed the door. She walked right up to me and without skipping a beat dropped the news. I responded with as much shock as I could muster considering I just wanted to laugh out loud. After a few moments of this I simply said "This has to be a joke" she responded, as warmly as she could, with some consoling words. I then repeated "No, this is a joke" and proceeded to tell her that the pee was not mine but that of a really pregnant partner in crime. She immediately opened the door to tell the poor nurse of this terrible joke when to all of our surprise we found all three nurses in the clinic huddled around my cup! It was pretty good! We all had a really good laugh. I'm glad the joke was well received :D Probably the best prank I've ever dared play.
So . . . I'm not pregnant. But it was fun to pretend for just a minute :D
6 comments:
Hilarious! Nice work. :) Though, I can't imagine if you really were pregnant. That happened to my grandmother and my mom and her sister are a mere 11 months apart.
that is hilarious! I would have never thought of doing something like that.
You're such a goof ball!!
So wait--who's pregnant? Sam or Mimi? Whoever it is, tell them congrats for me!!
Oh my gosh. You gave me a shock, that's for sure.
Michelle, it's a good thing I finished reading this post because I almost stopped in the middle of it and was gonna write to Alison to tell her you're pregnant again after 8 weeks!
I totally believed it. It happens to people all the time... so be careful.. hee hee.
That is so hilarious! That is totally something my sister and I would do! A few years ago I played a great joke on my mom-- I called her after the priesthood session of Conference, and told her that "They made a change to the Word of Wisdom... they've added chocolate." She freaked!
Post a Comment