Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blog Fail


This picture represents my attempts to update our family blog. You would laugh at how many unpublished half-posts I have piled up. A lot has happened since last August! Here is a quick, very watered down, reader's digest version:

Bob and I are both D-O-N-E with school (well the undergraduate part, at least)! We are walking in August because we both still have stuff to finish up for the honors program. I can't wait to prance around with my cap and gown, skipping and holding hands with Bob. He usually avoids wearing clothing that matches mine - even for photos. Ha ha ha . . . he won't be able to escape it on graduation day! I'm even making Lira a little cap and gown to match! I plan on toting her across the stage with us as we walk (I'm walking with Bob's class to save time). *Sigh* what a nice thing to look forward to . . .

Lira is now 11 months!! Where did the time go! How did my little baby go from this

to this!

She has quite the vocabulary! She says da-da, ma-ma, hi, yeah, and bye-bye. She loves to clap when I cheer or say good job and loves to wave to people. She recently started playing peek-a-boo back at me but isn't quite coordinated enough to cover her eyes with both hands so more often than not she just covers her forehead - cute!

She loves taking everything out of her diaper bag and making fish faces. She also climbs up the stairs and can walk around while holding onto things - no independent steps yet but I can tell she'll be walking soon. She has eight teeth and recently enjoyed her first dentist appointment (I took some hilarious pics! But that is an entirely different post)
Lira also loves our new pad! We're living in SLC now and can't wait until August when Bob starts medical school.


Hmm . . . did I miss anything? Probably, filling in an almost year-long gap will be a task (one I don't really plan on undertaking) but I do plan on being much more on top of this whole blog thing from now on . . . well, at least for the summer :D

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Welcome back! I saw some updated pictures of Lira on facebook, but I love seeing more! :) She is beautiful.

Stephen and I graduated the same semester too, and taking pictures together was so fun. I'm glad you get to have that experience! I wish I had taken Ben on stage with me.

Hope everything's great!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Hello again! Its been too long! So glad you decided to update the long forgotten blog.
I laughed pretty hard at that volley ball picture. :)
Lira is just as cute as can be! I can't believe she is almost 1 year old!! Yeah, crazy!
I hope you do keep us posted on the exciting happenings that will be going down up there in the SLC.
Can't wait to see the three of your in your graduation attire. Be sure to post those pictures!

Steph said...

Yay! A great blog post. I need to see your new place ASAP. Maybe with food. And games. Bye.

Julie said...

How fun to hear from you! It was so fun to read through your blogs. (I would have to say that usually my only motivation for posting is so that my tiny brain doesn't forget what's happened.)Lira is just beautiful and congrats on school being so close to done. That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you are so darn cute! And Lira couldn't get any cuter. It was so nice you could meet us the other day when Al got home... what a treat for her! And, I can totally relate to that soccer fail because I did that with a softball once. And broke my nose. Doh!