I thought I would share a recipe Bob and I created for an awesome first birthday party. You can double it easily for multiples and it can be stored for a few days if you are planning on throwing more than one party. If it starts to seem a little dry just add some cake and ice cream and it should turn out really fun!
Prep time: 3 hours
Serves: 20
Ingredients
cupcakes
cake
frosting
string
ice cream
grilled burgers and corn
fruit
veggies
Pixar's UP soundtrack
balloons
presents
family & friends
camera
infant turning 1
Directions
Build an awesome cake
Place balloons everywhere, play 'UP' music in the background.
Enjoy burgers and corn straight off the grill.
Sing happy birthday to Birthday Girl, blow out candles, serve cake and ice cream.
Let Birthday Girl open gifts.
Say Thank You.
Introduce Birthday Girl to cake.
Watch her eat.
Play with new toys.
Some variations include starting off the day with 12 mo. immunizations.
(Lira was a super champ!!)
You can also have one guest arrive an hour earlier than all the others and have her apply her incredible artistic talent to frosting cupcakes. (Thank you soooo much, Als!!)
Or you can have your three year old nephew blow out the candle when the Birthday Girl doesn't. (Thank you, Kye!!)
The possibilities for variation are endless but whatever you do we hope you have as much fun with this recipe as we did. We loved spending time with our wonderful friends and family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIRA!!!!!
4 comments:
Time flies! What a fun first birthday. I am trying to come up with birthday fun for a three year old and one year old who are five days apart....let the fun begin!
LOVE Lira's birthday theme! I can't believe she is one already!! Time goes by so quickly... it is bitter sweet when you look at the new born pictures of your children. You realize that stage is over, but every stage is a blast!
Lira is as cute as ever!!
I must say, those cupcakes do look pretty well frosted... and pretty much the best first birthday party I've ever been to, so thanks for inviting me!! It was so fun!
Best Birthday Party ever!
Post a Comment