Saturday, May 3, 2008

Are you kidding me??!!

Hi all! Sorry for the long absence. Finals are over but with Spring term starting up we have found ourselves busy again. Oh the joys of taking classes in the summer. Honestly, its kind of nice to stay busy. Bob and I are taking a jogging class together. I'm really excited to get in shape and start running again. I figure if I take a class where running is required then I won't have the excuse that I can't go running 'cause I have homework. The running requirement for an A is 140 miles over the course of the term. That boils down to around 15 miles a week. For some that may sound like nothing but for me, well, that might take some getting used to. I am also taking a chemistry class. Bob has taken like a million of these so  I figured it wouldn't be too tough and if I need any help he'll be right there. I didn't think he'd have to hold my hand through the whole. dang. thing... Seriously!! Chemistry??!! I gave myself three hours to do the homework before work. When I only got through a fourth of it in that time I realized I had gotten into something way over my head. This was Friday. I called off work and thought I'd only be working on it for about two more hours. Wrong again. Bob and I worked on it for five hours, after the three I had previously done. I wanted to gouge out my soul the whole time. I seriously don't know how I'm going to do this. I am SOOOOOOO glad I have Bob to help me with it. Well, this post was mostly me rambling. I could go on but I'll spare you all. 

P.S. We saw Iron man today. It was good but do you know what was even better?? The preview they showed before the film for The Dark Night!! Oh I can't wait to see that!!
P.S.S. or P.P.S (?) I got a stinkin B+ in NDFS 100. Yeah, I missed the cut off by 2 points for an A-. One of the sadder moments of my life.

And one last note. I've been saying "to the" a lot lately. Like "This chemistry homework is crap to the max". I was really tempted to write P to the S. I've also been saying "to the max" a lot, too.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Thank you. Thank you for this glorious post. It was remarkable and refreshing to the max. Felt good. Thank you.

Driel said...

I loved the post! Please do not "gouge out your soul". I do not know what would happen, but it sounds really bad:-)

That was so smart to take a jogging class. I should have done that!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

good thing we can still go the celestial kingdom if we don't get all A's, right? Chemistry is HARD. I can't imagine taking it at BYU! AHHHHH!! Hang in there. I wish I could be some kind of help, but really, I can't do a thing for you when it come to chemistry. And the jogging. Pace yourself. Good thing you have to do the hw together. 15 miles a week would be hard for me too! You will back "into shape" (as though you weren't to begin the class?) in no time! Don't over book yourself with things to do. Don't run faster than you have strength. :)

kara said...

Shelly! I just love you! You and I are like twin souls, I swear! I say that because I got a B+ in the same situation too this last semester!

Oh, and I had a thought, too. Now you know what it feels like to be an engineering student! ;) Five to eight hours of homework is pretty darn common. You get used to it, don't worry! hehe. Love you guys!
The J's

Kyle and Megan said...

Michelle, I must say that I enjoyed my Chemistry class more than my Physics class, but I am sure having to spend that much time on homework was VERY frustrating! I also have to add that 2 years ago I was one point away from an A- in NDFS 100, and I am still bitter even though I have now graduated. It's annoying because if you did slightly better on one of the weekly quizzes, your grade would have been significantly better! But, at least it's over, and Chemistry will be over pretty soon too! Hopefully it's getting better.