Friday, October 31, 2008

HELP!

As winter draws nearer I've noticed that my skin has been getting drier and drier. It is a terrible ailment I face at the close of every year. It is not just my hands or knuckles but EVERY THING. My arms, my back, my legs, my hips, you name it and it is bone dry. The problem is I can't seem to find a lotion that doesn't hurt/irritate my skin. Vaseline lotion was working for awhile but it has failed me, it is all I have though so I've continued using it out of desperation (probably not the smartest thing, I know). I need your help. Any lotion suggestions would be GREAT!

Here are the criteria:

No smelly lotions.
I REALLY don't like lotion that makes me feel really oily/sticky.

That is pretty much it. I'm dying and open to try just about anything! Let me know what works for you!

PS. I'm also thinking that my body wash must be what is sucking the moisture out of my skin. Any suggestions in that department would be great, too.

7 comments:

Daniel and Sara said...

I love Dove Cream Oil lotion. It has oil in it, but it isn't oily. I have very dry skin too and I find that it works really well for me. It does have a light, "perfumy" smell, but it doesn't stay on you. Here is a link to info about it. http://www.dove.us/#/Products/lotion/CreamOil.aspx/ I hope you guys are still enjoying life in Provo!

Zane and Lexi said...

I have the same problem in Utah! bath and body works has the best stuff. I use a face lotion that doesn't smell at all from C.O.Bigelow called extra-light face lotion and it's awesome! it doesn't make your face oily and it even has SPF. I also love their mentha-body lotion line - it has peppermint oil in it so it does smell but it leaves that tingle sensation and I love it! Hope this helps - you could always just come to Grenada to visit, the humidity will cure all your problems! :)

Shelly Beth said...

I have heard that Aquaphor is great. I just bought some for Isabelle this week for her chapped face. It seems to be working.

Christine said...

Michelle, in my experience I have found that baby products, as embarassing as they may be to try, are usually the most gentle on skin and focus on keeping moisture in because babies are so sensitive. Hope it helps!
~Christine Whatcott Skousen :)

Driel said...

Michelle,

I love aveeno. It has saved my skin. The best deal I have seen is at costco.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Shells- I use Ivory soap. Super mild on my dry skin, no smell. I love it... And, well it has a mild smell but the little lotion I do use, is Aveno baby for sensitive skin. That or Alo Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. Good luck! We have much more cold dry weather ahead of us!

Cali said...

Anything with alcohol in it will dry out your skin real fast.