Sunday, February 22, 2009

Craftin' it up!

A few weekends ago a good friend of mine, Jenny, helped me make some things for the baby. I don't really have any sewing experience so it was sort of a daunting undertaking. She was awesome and so patient and I loved getting to make some fun baby things.

The first thing we made was a baby sling. My teddy is subbing for baby in this pic but you kind of get the gist of what it will look like with baby in tow :)


The second project was a nursing cover. I love the pattern!

Being pregnant has been wonderful! I have felt so good lately, a little achy every now and then but nothing too uncomfortable. Our little girl is so active! She kicks and twirls all the time :) I know I still have a long way to go but I can't wait to meet her!! 




4 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

You are super crafty! Nice work. :)

Christine said...

Making things for the upcoming arrival is so much fun!! If you'd like more ideas, check out Make It & Love It (I have a link on my blog), she has tons of easy crafts you can do for your baby (esp. little girls)! I'm so excited for you, Michelle!

Shelly Beth said...

Those look awesome. I didn't use either for Isabelle but would love to try them with the new baby. Do you know of any instructions or patterns I could get ahold of so I can make my own? I especially want to try the baby sling. PS: Your fabrics are awesome!

Jenn said...

oh, you're going to love that nursing apron, my mom made me one and they're WONDERFUl, because at first you might need to use two hands to express and help baby stay on, and with that you can see everything you're doing and no one else can! I'm so excited for you!