Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mom Thoughts



Well, I've been a mom for a week and a half now. Here are a few milestones :D

I can walk upright!! I never thought I would feel so . . . sore after having a baby. Guess it makes sense, though. 

I am getting more used to sleeping in 2 hour spurts. I'll admit, the first few nights away from the hospital were really hard! Every time I'd start falling asleep I'd hear a little whimper start from the crib and my heart would just sink. Now I can get out of bed, feed her, and be back while its still warm :D


I understand Lira much better. Her little cues, her cries, are all starting to make sense. I feel like a much better mother than I did a week ago. 

And the biggest milestone of all: We've got nursing down!! Man, MUCH harder than I EVER anticipated!! 

Bob and I are tired but we are loving being parents. I'm so grateful that we have her and that we can get to know her and discover her adorable personality. Being a mom is so wonderful!!



8 comments:

Cali said...

Wow, so amazing! I'm glad you're adjusting well! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She IS absolutely beautiful! It's hard work but so rewarding. It'll get easier as she gets bigger... then harder when she turns 2.... then easier till she turns 14...

Shelly Beth said...

Being a mom is wonderful, isn't it? But it is hard work too! Glad to hear that things are starting to fall into a routine for you. Good luck in the weeks to come. Lira is so beautiful with all that dark hair!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Michelle!! Congratulations on motherhood! Lira is just beautiful!!! I love all of her hair! I am glad that the delivery went well, though it was long, and I hope you are recovering quickly. Her delivery sounds a lot like Amelia's what with the pitocine, slow progression, and tearing. Like you said- TOTALLY worth it! Oh the two hour sleep sessions. Seriously. Sleep when she sleeps- it is the only way you'll survive! :) House work can wait.
I am so happy for you and Bob!

kara said...

So cute! Congratulations from us up here in the frozen north! Love you!

jer and syd said...

Bob and Michelle,

Congratulations on your beautiful baby. I am so happy to hear your adjusting to parenthood. What a beautiful time those first few moments with your newborn. I am truly so happy for the two of you and what a beautiful family you are.

Jonny said...

Congrats to you both! She is absolutely beautiful! We miss you guys! Hope all is well and parenthood just gets better and better! - Rach and Jonny & girls

Holly said...

She really is a cutie. I'm glad you are already feeling like you're getting the hang of being a mom (especially nursing!)--it took me a lot longer! It only continues to get better and better!